Sunday, September 6, 2009

Why I love Hawaii (said in sarcastic tone!)

So one day something started stinking in our kitchen and I could not figure out what it was. I thought it was dirty diapers in the garbage, but the smell was still there after taking the garbage out and spraying air freshener a million times. So I'm sniffing around and notice everytime I open the oven I get a good wiff. So I start pulling the oven out and see just half of this little trap, the half with the gecko and cockroach on it. So I'm thinking that's gross but I doubt that's what's causing the smell but I figured we'd better get rid of it anyways because it was really nasty. So I pull the oven out a little more to be able to get back there and I saw the other half and started dry heaving right away. Of course I made Brett get it and throw it away, but man was it stinky. So now I'm thinking oh great we have rats in our house along with cochroaches and geckos which we already knew we had:) We like the geckos though, they make fun pets and they eat the cockroaches so they are our friends. So...who wants to come stay with us?!


Oh...and the lovely centipede!! I've heard horror stories about these things but I have not actually seen one until today and it was in my own house! I was freaking out. These things will sting you and I hear it hurts pretty bad. Fun huh? But here is my theory, they are in the process of ripping out all of the cupboards in our apartment building so all of these little creatures are being digged up and are on the loose in our apartments so as soon as our old ones get torn out we are spraying pesticide like crazy before we get the new ones in and hopefully that will be the end of our fun little friends. Don't be jealous that we live in Hawaii everyone!



11 comments:

Anonymous said...

yuck yuck yuck yuck yuck!

liko said...

oh that is sick.

the rat especially.

and yeah, centipedes bite. but they usually live outside. lucky you!

Jon & Jen said...

k. That is seriously disgusting!

Matti said...

nasty...and I left my kids there? Hahaha...just kidding. But that is really nasty. I wonder what's hiding in my cupboards?

Meggera said...

HOLY crap Cass. I don't know if I could do it.. Greg is thinking about moving us there for a program called Teach for America. We could be neighbors!

Ashley C said...

Wow. That is pretty freaking gross. Do you guys live at TVA? We only had ants and cockroaches there, but I know that people who lived on the point had rats and everything else. Yuck.

Cyndy said...

Time to come home!!!

Er Bear said...

I have the GROSSED OUT chills all over right now!! What am I complaining about? a little mouse? haha! Doesn't that make you never want to eat in your kitchen again?! It's a good thing I didn't know all of these details before we moved here or it probably wouldn't have happened!! Gotta love Hawaii!

Scott said...

That trap was pretty disgusting... but I am still jealous that you live in Hawaii!

Shalice said...

Man Cass - that is seriously gross!!

caitlinlee said...

oh no no. this is not okay. i'm going to pretend i didn't even see this post, i might move if I think about it more.