Saturday, January 24, 2009

I broke my toe!


It's my middle toe in case you can't tell. In the x-ray if you look close at the base of the toe you can see the break. I wish I could say I broke it doing something cool but I didn't. I just hit it on the doorway to my room. I was just running out of my room and thought I just stubbed it and I went and sat down and saw that it was sticking out at an angle. It really grossed me out and it really freaked me out because I knew it was going to have to be popped back into place. I just thought it was dislocated and not broken, but we went to the ER and they took an x-ray and sure enough it was broken. So I had to stick my foot in a bucket of ice to numb it because they couldn't give me any pain meds since I'm nursing. So I froze my foot off for ten minutes and then the doctor pulled my toe over and taped it to my other toe so it would stay straight. So it's kind of a pain having a 3 month old and not being able to walk. I'm getting a wood shoe that makes it so I don't have to curl my toes when I walk so we'll see how that goes. I know it's kind of funny so you can laugh and I won't feel bad.

16 comments:

Jessica June said...

that is awesome!! That picture grosses me out! Cade thought it looks cool!
Sorry about your toe. Maybe you should come home so we can help take care of you and your babies!!!

Camille said...

Cass, I'm so sorry!!! I hope you recover quickly!

Jen Herem said...

oh how sad! hope you getting feeling better quick.. make brett help out lots!

Ashley C said...

Ow! That looks painful! Sorry about that.

Erin Davis said...

SAD!!! It's so hard to take care of 2 kids, and when you add a broken toe, it becomes impossible!

Nicole Lawrence said...

DUDE! That's gross! Although seeing your pink toe nails brings back good memories. You are clumsy :-)

hope your toe heals quickly....looks really painful.

Maren said...

It makes me cringe just reading about it, sorry! Let me know if I can help you in anyway.

Brooke and Darin said...

Ouch! I hate it when I stub my toe! That's the worst! Hope you recover soon!

Shanae said...

Oh, I am sorry, Kali is sitting on my lap looking at your blog and she said, "oh, that is sad." She feels for you too.

Brooke said...

Did you swear when you stubbed it? I would have. That's the worst and I'm always scared to look afterwards to find what you found. Sorry bout your toe. Post a picture of your wooden shoe though!That sounds cool!

Chad said...

Hey! At least your toes were painted for the picture. Sounds sad, but good luck!

stef j. said...

i laughed. that's hilarious! seriously, how many times do we stub our toes ... and it broke?! that's crazy! and the wooden shoes and all that jazz ...

anyways, you should come and hang out here so that tay and add can play and i'll watch the babes. seriously, i'll call/text you. can you drive? anyways, i'll text you...

Er Bear said...

Ill be honest that I laughed when I first heard about it... but I could barely finish reading your post! I am so sorry! That looks very painful, to say the least! I hope you get well soon:)

Matti said...

Owie. You poor thing. I am always stubbing my toes. Jonathon teases me cause I stub it at least once a day. I'm suprised I haven't broken mine yet. Ouch! I should come over and help you with that baby.

Noguera's said...

Oh sad!!!hope you feel better!!!!Let me know if you need help. nat

davecelestastephensonfam said...

OK-I totally believed your wet willey story! I've told several people that! It sounded way cooler! That stinks--I'm sorry!